Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website (the “Site”). Using this Site indicates that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use this Site.
We may change our terms and conditions from time to time so you should review them regularly. Your use of this Site will be deemed an acceptance of the terms and conditions existing at that time.
1. Information About Us
This Site is operated by Paramount Legal Costs Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06236527 and have our registered office at Atlantic House, Parkhouse, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA3 0LJ.
2. Accessing This Site
1. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide on this Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. 2. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Site, or this entire Site, to users who have registered with us. 3. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions.
3. Permitted Use
1. Subject to clause 3.2, you may print and download extracts from this Site for non-commercial use on the following basis: 1. no documents or related graphics on the Site are modified in any way; 2. no graphics on the Site are used separately from accompanying text; and 3. no copyright and trade mark notices are removed. 2. You agree not to: 1. use any part of the materials on this Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors; 2. copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any content of this Site, except as permitted above; 3. provide a link to this Site from any other website without obtaining our prior written consent.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
1. Unless otherwise specified, we are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. 2. Unless otherwise specified, the authors of the literary and artistic works in the materials contained in the Site have asserted their moral right pursuant to Section 77 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 to be identified as the author of those works.
5. Reliance On Information Posted
1. The information contained in the material on this Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of this Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. 2. Subject to clause 5.3 and to the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude: 1. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; 2. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with use of this Site, including without limitation any liability for: 1. loss of income or revenue; 2. loss of business; 3. loss of profits or contracts; 4. loss of anticipated savings; 5. loss of data; 6. loss of goodwill; 7. wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable. 3. We do not exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
6. Third Party Material
This Site may contain material submitted and created by third parties including other Site users and third party data providers. We exclude all liability for any illegality arising from or error, omission or inaccuracy in such material and we take no responsibility for such material. You acknowledge that the provisions of these terms and conditions, including but not limited to clauses 3 and 5 apply to information provided by third party data providers and that you have no right to take any action against third party data providers as a result of your use of this Site.
Where this Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them except as may be required by law.
8. Material Submitted By You
1. By submitting any material to us, you : 1. automatically grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such material (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content; and 2. waive all your moral rights in such materials. 2. You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you. 3. You agree not to post any material: 1. that is threatening, defamatory, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, pornographic, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy; or 2. for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or 3. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK; or 4. which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data). 4. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting material in breach of clause 8.3.
9. Data Protection and Privacy
If any term, condition, or provision of these terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein.
12. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, this Site. These terms and conditions are governed by English Law.
These terms govern the relationship between you and Paramount Legal Costs Limited when you use our Service. Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of the Service, any reference to “we”, “us”, or “our” is to Paramount Legal Costs Limited. These terms set out important information regarding your rights, obligations and the restrictions that may apply when you use our service, and we recommend that you read this carefully before using the Service. These terms are legally binding between you and Paramount Legal Costs Limited for your use of the services provided. Please read them carefully. Every time you access the Website you are confirming you accept and will comply with these terms. The terms set forward here are not transferable, and apply to you only. If you do not agree with any of our terms then you should not use our Service.
Receive our news and updates
In other Divorce related news, Claire Robson took part in the HMCTS Reform Event in respect of family proceedings. This informative webinar outlined HMCTS’ progress, future plans for the digitisation of family proceedings and allowed attendees to ask any questions. At the present time in Divorce proceedings, a Petition can be issued and a Decree […]
April saw the news that the Divorce rules were to be overhauled to get rid of ‘blame’ in Divorce proceedings and to allow couples to separate more quickly. Under the current rules one spouse has to allege adultery or unreasonable behaviour to start Divorce proceedings immediately. ‘No fault’ Divorces can take much longer, with the […]