Paramount Welcomes New Staff
Paramount Legal Costs would like to officially welcome 2 new members of staff:
Robert Parness joins us as our new Litigation Consultant. A graduate in law from Warwick University, Rob comes to us from Jennings Legal Services whom he joined in 1999, and where he was appointed Court Manager in 2002, heading a team of advocates attending detailed assessment hearings throughout England and Wales.
Rob is a qualified Costs Lawyer who has wide experience of representing both paying and receiving parties in most areas of litigation, including on Solicitors Act assessments, and regularly appears in Courts throughout the jurisdiction, including the Senior Court Costs Office.
Specialising in heavier civil cases, Rob had dealt with costs in many different types of claim including:
- Clinical negligence and other catastrophic injury claims with damages in excess of £1,000,000.00.
- Professional negligence actions with damages in excess of £100,000.00.
- Judicial review, including one in a private prosecution for blasphemous libel.
- Trademark and copyright actions.
- Defamation claims.
- Partnership and contract disputes.
- Commercial disputes, including under the Isle of Man Rules of the High Court of Justice 2009.
- High value family disputes.
- Civil fraud claims.
Secondly, we welcome Karen Walsh, who has joined us as our new Administration Manager. In only a few weeks she has changed our systems of working for the better and has pulled us all into line!